This week I looked through a variety of newspapers to find a story which my British Social Realism film could be based on. I also created a CD cover to help think outside of the box when creating my film.
We looked at a website called Post Secret, this is a blog where people anonymously send in their secrets, there is a mixture of sad, happy and funny secrets. This was to see if anyone's secret could inspire me for a storyline in my British Social Realism film. I chose three secrets which I found most inspiring for my film.
I thought this secret would make a really interesting storyline, it could be based around a man who is cheating on his wife with her brother. This could establish the theme of homosexuality, he is afraid of coming out about his sexuality, so instead stays with his wife because he knows society accepts him more that way.
From this secret, I could base my film on a young girl who's Dad has been abusing her for years, he has made her depressed, this could highlight the theme of corruption of youth, he has wrecked her childhood. When she finally tells her mother about what he has been doing to her for all these years, she leaves him and manages to fall in love with somebody else. Her new step dad is everything her father wasn't, a real Dad.
This quote inspired me to maybe do a film about a struggling mother who's only escapism is to throw up her food. Her 2 year old daughter watches her do this everyday and copies the noise she makes. This could establish the theme of corruption of youth as the mother is not only a bad rolemodel for her daughter, but she is wrecking her childhood because her daughter will grow up thinking throwing up her food is necessary.
My album cover:
I created this album cover by firstly using Wikipedia to get the band name, then used Flickr for the image, and the random quote selector to get the title. I was given Lu Mao, constantly making exciting discoveries, and an image of a goal keeper. This task really helped us to think creatively.
No comments:
Post a Comment